Importance of Correct Tender-By Number
You must indicate the correct shipper, consignee, and agent for all of the following reasons:
Using the F3 key, carefully check all possible spellings for the company name in the existing Tender-By list.
- Airway bill lists each as a point of contact for questions or problems regarding the shipment.
- Volume Rate Agreement might apply
- Customer might opt out of the insurance program
- Tender-By record might indicate C.O.D. customer only
- Frequent repeat customers can qualify for VIP priority
- Every customer, including a walk-in shipper, is a potential repeat customer